Our client, an international law firm with a midtown Manhattan office, seeks a Public Relations Coordinator to work under the direct Senior PR Manager at the firm. The PR Coordinator will coordinate and perpare materials for picthes, media, awards, directories and surveys in support of PR strategy across the firm practice areas, with a specific focuson the Real Estate and Employment practices.
In this capacity, the Public Relations Coordinator will:
- Coordinate and prepare materials for pitches, awards, directories and surveys;
- Work with attorneys to schedule and prepare them for directory interviews;
- Identify writing and media opportunities; Assist PR team with drafting and distribution of press releases, deal announcements, story ideas and bylined articles;
- Track and document firm press mentions and draft media reports; Create and maintain media lists; Research and update editorial calendars;
- Conduct industry research and market intelligence; Maintain PR sections of internal and external websites;
- Work overtime as required; and
- Handle additional Public Relations and Media projects as assigned.
In addition, the Public Relations Coordinator will be expected to have:
- Advanced proficiency in English language, punctuation, spelling, grammar and writing skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Fundamental proficiency in internet research and resources, including Lexis Nexis, MediaMap and equivalents;
- Fundamental proficiency in document and content management software (DocsOpen);
- Fundamental knowledge of public relations/ media, marketing, principles, procedures and concepts;
- Fundamental knowledge of legal and professional services marketing, including developments, trends, analysis, technologies and literature;
- Fundamental knowledge of the relevant media outlets, including national business press workings;
- Familiarity with basic legal concepts;
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree (required), with an emphasis in journalism, communications or English (preferred);
- At least 1 year of public relations and/or media relations experience;
- At least 1 year of professional services or law firm experience (preferred).
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume in WORD format to Nicole Ibanez at email@example.com.
Yorkson Legal is a leading provider of contract and
direct-hire attorneys, paralegals and other legal support staff. We
are looking for top candidates with experience in Commercial Litigation,
Private Equity, Corporate, Patent and Trademarks, Securities, Investment
Management, ERISA, Tax, Private Client, Mass Torts, Finance and Real
Estate. For more information, please visit our website at www.yorkson.com.