This leading law firm located in the financial district in Manhattan is seeking two temporary legal secretaries to support its Practice Group Center. This is a long-term temporary assignment with potential for full-time employment. Pay rate $21 hour + overtime based on experience.
The Practice Group Support secretary assumes the practice group legal secretary's desk during the time he/she is sick, has a vacation, and/or is on a short term disability leave. In addition, the Support secretary helps out where needed in the Practice Group Center assisting the Administrative Coordinator and Legal Assistant/Researcher.
· Prepare Documents: Draft, transcribe and type routine correspondence, memoranda and complex legal documents from handwritten or dictation source (e.g. attorney dictation, tapes, intranet, voicemail, etc. Proofread documents and check for appropriate formatting, spelling, and grammar. Prepare revisions and redline documents. Duplicate prints and/or pdfing of documents. Prepare conflict checks, new matter forms and engagement letters.
· Processes Mail: Monitor, review and route incoming mail and fax communications. Delivers mail to attorney’s office and alert attorney of all urgent matters. Send documents and correspondence through email when requested. Prepare and process outgoing mail and faxes and arrange courier and messenger services as required while ensuring that all attachments, exhibits, and enclosures are included. Coordinate activities with the mailroom, fax personnel or duplicating departments as needed.
· Maintains Files: In coordination with Record Services, initiate removal and storage of client files as well as creating, maintaining client files and indexes. Also, mark case or matter related documents as needed with instructions to ensure proper filing. Maintain paper and electronic files in compliance with current policies. Assemble materials and organize matters in binders. On a daily basis, accurately maintain proper order of Attorney’s files in their respective offices.
· Administrative Duties: In coordination with Facilities and Conference Room Booking personnel, schedule conference rooms, order food and beverages, request audio/visual equipment and prepare visitors clearance forms. Coordinate all travel arrangements, requests for car service, prepare travel itineraries and travel expense reports. Maintain and update contact lists of names and addresses in outlook. Maintain and update the calendars for assigned attorneys, including meetings, appointments, due dates, and client-related activities. Prepare and calculate daily time entries for assigned attorneys and submit in a timely manner. In coordination with the Accounting department and/or Billing department, prepare expense reimbursement, disbursements requests, billing letters and coordinate client billing matters. Conduct internet researches; enter timesheets for attorneys using Carpe Diem. Monitor bar/CLE credits and requirements. Provide coverage for all others in the practice group as needed.
· Customer Service: Provide a high level of customer service and demonstrate the utmost courtesy towards attorneys, practice group members, and all other firm employees. Screen incoming calls and respond in a clear, articulate and professional manner while taking accurate and detailed telephone messages.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Education: High school diploma required; college or business school desirable.
· Experience: 3+ years experience working in a fast paced litigation department in a law firm or in-house legal environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Accurate typing at a net speed of at least 60 words per minute.
· Excellent skills that include MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Experiences with Visio, Soft wise and Carpe Diem are a plus.
· Strong experience using document management, time entry, database software, use of firm intranet and internet, file management software, operates transcription equipment.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to work effectively and proactively within a team environment and with other departments.
· Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast?paced environment.
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently and to meet deadlines.
· Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, integrity, and attention to detail.
· Notary preferred but not required.
Contact Greg Breck firstname.lastname@example.org